Accreditation and Training Services (ATS) was established in August 2002, following SAQA`s decision that all training programmes falling within the generic educational training practices domain, will in future become an ETDP SETA responsibility. Up to that stage the various SETA`s trained, assessed and registered their own assessors, facilitators, moderators etc. In view of the fact that the SAQA decision would stimulate the ETD training market, Accreditation and Training Services (ATS) was launched and accreditation at the ETDP SETA (nr. ETDP9952) was obtained.
The Head Office and main training facilities are situated in Groenkloof, Pretoria. A number of regional offices are operated by SSME’s in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, and Witbank.
Vision & Mission Statements
Constantly improving competence of learners with respect to ETDP SETA qualifications.
Mission Statements/Strategic Objectives:
- Economic: Continued growth and optimising of profits for shareholders over the long term as well as the competitive remuneration of associates and staff.
- Operations: Conducting, at various venues, learning programmes with respect to ETDP SETA qualifications, with the aim to raising the levels of knowledge and skills and to instil the appropriate attitudes of ATS`s candidates.
- Marketing: Continually recruiting members of the public and private sectors as learners of ATS.
- Quality: Constantly upward movement on the quality spiral through effective quality control measures based upon effective internal and external quality audits.
- Social: Empowering our candidates with knowledge, skills and attitudes - and through them their families and friends, to becoming part of the mainstream economic workforce of our country
The Scope of Training
- 23118: National Diploma: Early Childhood Development Level 5
- 58761: Further Education & Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development Level 4
- 114924: Demonstrate understanding of the outcomes-based education and training approach within the context of a National Qualifications Framework, Level 5
- 114926: Develop plans for implementing Learnerships and Skills Programmes within a learning organisation, Level 6
- 115753: Conduct outcomes-based assessment, Level 5
- 115755: Design and develop outcomes-based assessment, Level 6
- 115759: Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments, Level 6
- 117865: Assist and support learners to manage their learning experiences, Level 4
- 117871: Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies, Level 5
- 117877: Perform one-to-one training on the job, Level 3
- 12544: Facilitate the Preparation and presentation of evidence for assessment, Level 4
- 15217: Develop an organisational training and development plan, Level 5
- 15218: Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes, Level 6
- 15221: Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues, Level 5
- 15222: Promote a learning culture in an organisation, Level 5
- 15227: Conduct skills development administration in an organisation, Level 4
- 15228: Advice on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation, Level 5
- 15232: Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation, Level 5
Trainers & Competence in Training Areas
All our training staff are qualified and registered with the ETDP SETA as facilitators, assessors and moderators. They have practical experience of assessments and they are used to train and assess learners in their field of expertise.